When a Dynamic Connection is created in the Business View Manager with two different database connections, SAP Crystal Reports displays the data only from one or only from the first connection.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008/2011/2013
- Dynamic Connection in Business View
Reproducing the Issue
- Create Dynamic Data Connection based on 2 different data connections in Business View Manager
- Launch SAP Crystal Reports designer
- Create a Crystal Report file based on Business View which uses Dynamic Data Connection
- Refresh the report choosing the 2nd data connection when prompted
- Notice that the data comes from the first data connection
Incorrect settings for Use Owner and Use Catalog properties of the data connections.
Set the Use Catalog and Use Owner properties to False if the connections are used in Dynamic Data Connection.
- In Business View Manager, in the Repository explorer open the first connection
- In the 'Property Browser' dialog box, set the 'Use Owner' and 'Use Catalog' properties to 'False'
- Repeat the above steps for the second connection
Dynamic Data Connection, Crystal, CR, DDC, same data reveived, not working , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , BI-RA-CR-BVM , Business View Manager , Problem