- While importing an Employee Data File with values for the fields which are defined as Picklists, the correct values are not appearing in the UI.
- When I import values for some fields they automatically change to blank or "No Selection".
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
Using as example the "Country" column in the user data file:
- Export Employee Data File;
- Add the value "United States" in the "Country" Column;
- Save and import the file edited;
- Import is successful;
- Navigate to Employee Profile and the users Country is Blank or "No Selection".
The field is defined as a picklist in the Data Model and as result, any value other than an "optionID" will not return the desired value.
If you are not inserting any valid optionID in the column, this is an expected behavior and it is as per the system design. For all fields that are defined as picklist in Data Model, values in the column in the import file must contain relevant picklist "optionID" only.
To check the option ID of your picklists, you can follow the guidance available on this KBA: Get picklist optionId for Legacy and MDF Picklist
- Please note that sometimes the option ID value will present a "," separating the thousands. For example: option ID is 123456. In the details of the picklist it will be shown as "123,456". You do not need to insert the comma in the UDF.
Picklist, No selection, Employee Import, blank, not reflecting, Duplicates in the Country filter , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-UIM , Employee Import Issues , Problem