When attempting to add (for example) a Department to the list of people pool categories when editing an RBP Permission Group, a particular Department does not display as an available choice. The Department does however exist in the system.
Reproducing the Issue
1. Go into Admin Center and choose "Manage Permission Groups"
2. Either edit or create a dynamic permission group
3. In either "Choose group members" or "Exclude these people from the group"
4. Select "Department" if it is already a category and if not add it as a category.
5. Look for the department you would to include/exclude. Notice that at least one of the departments you want is not shown in the search output and is not available if you type the department name or code in the category search list.
In this case the Department value you want to select does not have any user/people associated with it. This means not one single user in the system has that Department value assigned to them. As no users are associated with the Department you expect to display, the system does not display that Department.
This typically occurs if you just created a new department and have not yet associated users with it. This may also occur if all users have transferred out of the department such that none remain.
In order for the Department to display in the category search list in the permission group people pool category UI there MUST be at least one user associated with that Department. To overcome the problem, associate at least one user with the Department you want to see in the permission group people pool category search list.
DG Filter, DG-Filters, permission-group-filter, permission group filter , KBA , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , Problem