- When performing a transaction log or a full database dump on ASE running on Windows, it fails with the following error message:
 The 'CreateFile' call failed for database/archive device while
working on stripe device '[path]' with
error number 32 (Cannot get operating system error text).
Refer to your operating system documentation for further details.
- No entry in the OS, ASE or Backup Server error logs.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 12.5
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
Error 32;backup;dump , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.