You have maintained a purchasing unit in a contract. However, when you assign the same contract as a source of supply in a new purchase order, purchasing unit from the contract is not update in the purchase order.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Purchase Requests and Orders work center.
- Go to Common Task View and select New Purchase Order.
- Select View All and navigate to Items Tab.
- Choose Add Row.
- Navigate to Source of Supply Sub tab.
- Enter the Contract ID and go to General Tab.
- Purchasing Unit XYZ has not been determined automatically, even though you have defined the Purchasing Unit in the Contract.
System does not pick up the reference of purchasing unit from a contract to a purchase order.
In the current release, this is a standard system behaviour. You have to manually select the Purchasing Unit in the new purchase order document.
KBA , AP-PCP , Purchasing Contract Processing , How To