- While creating data for a MDF Object on Manage Data page, the UI is not as same as designed in the Config UI
- What is the purpose of Default Screen porperty on an MDF object?
NOTE: Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
- Metadata frameowrk (MDF)
Reproducing the Issue
- Create an MDF Object via Configure Object Definition.
- Design the UI layout via Manage Configuration UI for your MDF object
- Go to Manage Data and create data for the MDF Object : On this page the UI is not as per the layout and design you used on Manage Configuration UI page.
If you want the Manage data page also to follow your UI screen configuration then you have to map a certain UI screen in the object definition.
The property which you should be using to achieve this is called "Default Screen" present in every MDF object definition. Using this, each object definition can be assigned a default existing UI.
NOTE: If you do not assign any Deafult Screen to the object, the layour on Manage Data will be rendered as per the object definition setting.
To view the object in Manage Data page as per the configured UI, edit the corresponding Object Definition and assign the ID of the designed UI in the Default Screen as shown in the screenshot below.
Default Screen, default screen, Manage data page, UI screen, Manage confuguration UI, UI layout , KBA , mdf, sf, config ui , manage configuration ui , LOD-SF-MDF-MGD , Manage Data - Create, Update & Delete , LOD-SF-MDF-UI , UI Config, Layout & Rules , How To