After loading employee data into SF and first time employee, job classification and Job title are reflecting correctly in Successfactors under public profile.
If job classification is changed, the updates are not reflected in the job title.
- Data is being sent from the SAP ERP System to Successfactors.
- The Boomi Process updates the data successfully for the initial load (e.g. a New Hire).
- However, when changes are made in the SAP system and this data is replicated to SF system, everything else gets updated except for the "Job Title" field and the same value of the Job Title field in the public profile.
Successfactors Bizx, SAP ERP
Reproducing the Issue
- Existing Job Information Detail for ID (Person/Employee Id) 00700006.
The Same Job information is displayed correctly under the "Job Information" tab.
- The change in Job Classification is then sent through boomi using the jobClassCode.
- After Change in Job classification to "Finance-Manager" Job Title stays as before "Human Resource-Administrative"
- The Job classification changes correctly to Finance-Manager, but Job Title stays as Human Resource-Administrative under the "Job Information" tab.
When changing job classification in the UI, the job title gets changed/updated automatically.
This is because there is a rule configured in propagation-configuration.xml about these two fields for job info. This file could be found in provisioning setting page.
For upserting from API side, there are business rules which are different when changing the job classification in the UI. The following will explain those rules:
Assume one employee has Job Classification as "A" and Job Title as "B".
- If in your upsert request, you assign Job Classfication with new value as "C", but Job Title as "null", then job title will be changed/updated automatically to I assume as "D". we call it propagate.
- If in your upsert request, you assign Job Classfication with new value as "C" and Job Title as "E", then job title will be changed/updated to "E".
- If in your upsert request, you assign Job Classfication with new value as "C", but do not specify the job title, then job title will be still "B".
Which is why Job Title stays the same as before job classification was changed.
- If the employee has already have Job Classfication as "A", but no value for Job Title. In your upsert request, if you change Job Classfication with new value as "C", but do not specify the job title, then job title will be changed/updated automatically to I assume as "D".
So if you set job title as "null" then it will update automatically to the job title associated with the job classification
KBA , LOD-SF-INT-PAY , please use LOD-EC-GCP-PY* , Problem