The import functionality of Manage Competencies does not provide a template directly inside SuccessFactors application to create new data. Below are examples of how you can build a file to be used for the “Manage Competencies” functionality, for importing new Competencies:
SuccessFactors Job Description Manager
Building the Import file
Though the header is not visible for this import, this is what it would look like:
- First Column: Should always have the word “COMPETENCY” in upper case. The first column will always be used to identify to the system what is the type of data to be defined on this specific row.
- Second Column: Name of the Category where this competency is located
- Third Column: Name of the Competency
- Fourth Column: Description of the Competency
- Fifth Column: GUID of the Competency. If left blank, the system will automatically fill it.
- Sixth Column: Locale of the Competency. For each new locale, a new row must be added in the import file.
Below is an example of a filled in import file for importing Competencies:
The results of the import would be this:
If the same Competency is being imported for different locales (with different names and descriptions according to each locale), it will need to be repeated for each locale carrying the same GUID. As an example if we would add the “Test Competency 1” to other three locales, the file should look like this:
The result of the import would show that there are +3 languages for the “Test Competency 1”:
Importing the file
Once the Import file is ready, it can be imported into the system. For this, go to Admin Center > Company Settings > Manage Competencies. In the “Competency Libraries List” page, click on “Add new Library” > “Import From File…”. This will pop up a new window that provides you a few options for the import.
- Select CSV as the format option.
- Select the file created in the first step.
- In the third option you can choose to either add these competencies to an existing library – and when clicking this option the system will provide a dropdown that allows you to select which one you want – or you can create a whole new library through the second option.
Once the options are all selected, hit Import and the system will confirm if the competencies were imported correctly.
KBA , LOD-SF-EP-JDM , Job Description Manager , How To