This document will guide you through adding an addional field to an existing MDF Foundation Object in SuccessFactors.
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
- Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
In this example, we will add a custom field "Notes" to a existing Foundation Object: "BusinessUnit". These steps are applicable to any available Foundation Object.
- Login to SuccessFactors as an administrative user
- Navigate to "Admin Center"
- Select "Company Settings" -> "Configure Object Definitions"
- In the Search Field drop-down, select: "Object Definition". Select the object from the second drop-down (example: "Business Unit")
The definition for BusinessUnit will be displayed:
To add the "Notes" field:
- Select "Take Action" -> "Make Correction"
- Scroll down to the last available field in the "Fields" section and enter a name for the field (example: "cust_note")
- Provide the length (255 maximum) and datatype (STRING) of the field.
- Select the link "Details"
- in the Details section, provide a Label (example: "Note") and any other parameters required.
- Select "Done" in details
- Select "Save" on the object definition.
The field has now been added to the BusinessUnit Object.
To view the changes to the BusinessUnit object:
- In Admin Center, select "Manage Data"
- In "Search" select "BusinessUnit" and any object from the second drop-down.
- observe that the new field "Note" has been added.
Migrating to Metadata Framework (MDF) Foundation Objects Guide:
KBA , sf1508 , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , How To