While trying to block a transport lane in your system you get the below given error message.
Location type indicator not valid.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Supply Chain Design Master Data work center.
- Navigate to Transport Lanes view.
- Select the relevant transport lane, choose the button Change Status and select the option Block.
System displays the above error message.
The transport lane you are trying to block has both Ship-To Site and Ship-From Site assigned to it. However, the site which is assigned as Ship-To Site in the transport lane is not marked with the role Ship-To Location in its master data.
Please follow below given steps to assign the role Ship-To Location to your site.
- Go to the Supply Chain Design Master Data work center.
- Select the Locations view.
- Search for the relevant site, select it and choose the Edit button.
- Mark the check box Ship-To Location and choose the Save button.
After the above steps are performed you will be able to successfully block your transport lane without any error messages.
KBA , AP-LDM , Location Data Management , How To