- The main symptoms:
- ASE log entries indicate that space is almost exhausted
- Logged Msgs indicating that tasks are waiting for space, hence are in logsuspend
- The value passed to the thresholdaction procedure for @space_left in the segment is invalid
- sp_helpdb and sp_spaceused do not show that space has been exhausted.
- The invalid @space_left value passed into the thresholdaction procedure led to error 3606 when that value was used in a calculation. The error also reports a 'free space' that is also invalid and far outside the expected page range for the database.
Error: 3606, Severity: 16, State: 0
Arithmetic overflow occurred.
Failed to execute the threshold procedure for database 1, segment 2, free space 306783384.
The transaction log in database master is almost full. Your transaction is being suspended until space is made available in the log.
server 1 task(s) are sleeping waiting for space to become available in the log segment for database master.
- DBCC output showing many free pages and extents
1> dbcc usedextents(1,0,1,1)
Disk piece 0 (6656 pages), extents used = 829, free = 3
Disk piece 6656 (58880 pages), extents used = 482, free = 6878
Disk piece 6656: unreserved pages array claims free pages = 54827, but this function counted 54812
Disk piece 65536 (25600 pages), extents used = 1, free = 3199
Disk piece 65536: unreserved pages array claims free pages = 25597, but this function counted 25492
Disk piece 91136 (33792 pages), extents used = 0, free = 4224
2 bad per-diskpiece page counts were found in dbtable.
Those for data or data-and-log were corrected in memory;
dedicated log segment page counts are not changed by this function.
Total used extents = 1312
Total free extents = 14304
Total extents = 15616
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
logsegment, space, lct_admin, wrong threshold level, LCT, CR790682, CR#790682, 790682, -T7408, -T7409 , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.