An SAP ABAP system is the provider of a Web Service. It is a common requirement to use load balancing between application servers of the system. The service works fine with direct access to one specific server.
However, when the request is sent to the load balancer, an HTTP 3xx error is returned:
- 301 Moved Permanently
- 302 Found (or: 302 Moved Temporarily)
- 307 Temporary Redirect
Even if load balancing is not used, but a middleware redirects the Web Service calls, the same problem can occur.
When the consumer is also an SAP ABAP system, the Web Service error logs (transaction SRT_UTIL) contain one of the following:
- A SOAP Runtime Core Exception occurred in method get_http_headers of class CL_SOAP_HTTP_TPBND_ROOT at position id 4 with internal error id 1032 and error text SRT: Wrong Content-Type and empty HTTP-Body received: ("HTTP Code 302 : Moved Temporarily") (fault location is 1)
- A SOAP Runtime Core Exception occurred in method get_http_headers of class CL_SOAP_HTTP_TPBND_ROOT at position id 4 with internal error id 1007 and error text SRT: Unsupported xstream found: ("HTTP Code 307 : TEMPORARY REDIRECT") (fault location is 1 )
- SOAP:1.032 SRT: Wrong Content-Type and empty HTTP-Body received: ("HTTP Code 302: Found")"
- HTTP/1.1 307 Temporary Redirect location: http://...
- ABAP Web Services
- SAP NetWeaver
- SAP NetWeaver Application Server for SAP S/4HANA
- ABAP PLATFORM - Application Server ABAP
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.