- New functionality is introduced in BI 4.1 Support Pack 05, adding the command line parameter "-Dsap.sl.bics.variableComplexSelectionMapping=multivalue" in the Adaptive Processing Server hosting the DSL Bridge service.
- With this setting, we can use "Selection Option variables" from BEx queries as a List of Values instead of a Range in Web Intelligence. This works fine in BI 4.1 SP 05 and related Patches.
- In BI 4.1 Support Pack 06 and above patches, "Selection Option variables" still appear as a Range instead of Input Prompt or Multi-Value prompt in Webi Intelligence reports when using the above command line parameter.
- In SP06, it appears options specified via the Java command-line parameters in DSL bridge service are no longer taking effect in Web Intelligence.
- The same issue is observed in Web Intelligence Rich client.(Making changes in windows registry does not help as well.)
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.1
- Support Pack 06
- Web Intelligence
webi, selection option, selection option variable, input prompt, multi value prompt, manual prompt entry, variable, range, multivalue, -Dsap.sl.bics.variableComplexSelectionMapping, -Dsap.sl.bics.variableComplexSelectionMapping=multivalue, variableComplexSelectionMapping, 4.1 SP 6, 4.1, DSL, variable, bex variable , KBA , BI-RA-WBI , Web Intelligence , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.