User should be able view/edit the fields/portlets in employee profile in role based and non role based environments.
SuccessFactors: Employee profile
- Resolution to a non Role Based environment
To provide permission to view/edit an field/portlet in the profile in an non role based environment, the permissions are granted in the datamodel XML for the users role. You can follow the example below to edit the XML and after saving the changes import the file in the back end.
Grant read permissions for employee and HR rep
Grant read/write permissions for employee and HR rep
- Resolution in a role based environment:
- Go to Admin Center > Manage Permission Role
- Select the affected Role
- Click on Permissions
- Under "Employee Data" select the wanted option to give the rle view/edit permission
Additionally in role based environment we can set an Target population so that user who is granted permission in the role will be restricted with the acess of the permission to the particular target population defined.
Based on the permissions granted the user will be able to view/edit the portlets in the employee profile.
- Example : Work Experience background portlet - User is granted both the permisison so he is able to view/edit the portlet by clickling on Edit,
Control the view/edit permissions for the fields/portlets in employee profile , KBA , LOD-SF-EP , Employee Profile , Problem