- SAP ASE 16.0 introduces the ability to fully encrypt databases.
- Users are allowed to load an unencrypted database dump into an encrypted target database by using the "with override" clause.
- In the sysdatabases system table, there are 2 columns that are related to an encrypted database:
- column status5: encryption status
- column encrykeyid: encryption key id
- After loading an unencrypted database dump into an encrypted database, status5 will be reset to 0, meaning "not encrypted". However, in earlier versions of IQ 16, the encrykeyid is not reset.
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
sysdatabases, encrypted,status5 , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.