What is Desktop Governance?
Desktop governance allows BI Platform administrator to enforce security and set default values for SAP Lumira. The following items can be administered:
- The type of data source that a user can import from
- The type of destination that a user can share to
- Whether URLs are configurable
- How updates are handled.
Desktop governance is enabled by creating a configuration file on each user’s machine, then defining each user's settings in the BI Platform Central Management Console (CMC). SAP Lumira enforces desktop governance by contacting the BI Platform at start up and querying for the user's rights and settings.
- SAP Lumira Desktop, version 1.28.4 or above (this patch level contains a key fix for Single Sign-on, details are in Note 2211676)
- A regressionn was found in 1.29.2, and fixed in 1.29.3. See Note 2250726 for more information.
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence (BI) Platform 4.1, SP05 Patch 3 or above
- SAP Lumira Server, for BI Platform, version 1.28 or above
lumira, desktop, lum, dsk, bip, boe, bi41, bi 4.1, 4.1, ls4bip, lumira server for bi platform, bi, add-on, single, sign, on, log in, log on, sign on, sign in, open, launch, start, initiate, save, export, import, retrieve, get, repo, cms, tdd, trusted, data, discovery, integration, integrate, srv, , KBA , BI-LUM-DIS , Lumira Desktop/Discovery , BI-BIP-ADM , BI Servers, security, Crystal Reports in Launchpad , BI-BIP-INS , Installation, Updates, Upgrade, Patching , BI-BIP-AUT , Authentication, ActiveDirectory, LDAP, SSO, Vintela , BI-LUM-SRV-BIP , SAP Lumira Server for BI Platform , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.