- In SAP Jam there are several methods through which a user can share an update/information with the entire company.
- For various reasons a company might wish to disable this option, how can I do this for my company?
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
Reproducing the Issue
Users can share an update with the entire company through the following methods:
1. In the SAP Jam Home Feed there is a text box on the top that allows users to share an update with everyone in the company:
2. Using 'Share an Update':
- The only way to prevent users from updating everyone in the entire company is to use Restricted Access Users. Please refer to the section 'About SAP Jam user types' and 'User types features access' of the SAP Jam Admin guide for full details. The SAP Jam Admin guide is available here: SAP JAM Admin guide
- Restricted access users are partially restricted users. They have feature and security permissions that limit their access to only the SAP Jam groups to which they have been invited, and to the content and people that are in those groups. This is a special case user configuration that is only enabled by making a special request to your support representative. On request, this user type is provisioned by SAP Jam Support. These users are managed in the SuccessFactors platform, and they are identified to SAP Jam by having one of the SuccessFactors platform custom profile fields of user information flagged.
If you want this enabled, create a Support Incident and state that you want Restricted Access Users enabled. Please also include:
- Which custom field can be used (for enabling the toggle to restrict user access)
- What Restricted value to be used for this column (e.g. 'Y' and 'N' or 'Yes' and 'No').
Y/Yes = Restricted User
N/No = Not a restricted User
- Please note that when the SuccessFactors Platform custom field that indicates a "restricted access user" is set, SAP Jam will recognize and treat the user as such. However, this setting has no effect on the behavior of other SuccessFactors applications or services, so your organization's administrators much configure equivalent restrictions in SuccessFactors Platform to restrict the access of your "restricted access users".
2495868 - SAP Jam - Restricted Access Users - How to setup
Restricted, access, user, update, limited, users , KBA , LOD-SF-JAM , SAP Jam , Problem