How to mass upload employee photos through a SFTP import?
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Profile
Reproducing the Issue
Creating a Job:
Access Provisioning (Back-End);
- Navigate to "Manage Scheduled Jobs";
- Create New Job.
Monitoring a Job:
- Monitor Jobs;
- On "Job type" select: "Batch upload employee photos".
The batch upload of photos is performed by uploading the employee photos and a .csv file – that will map the photo filenames to the username of the employee they correspond to – on a directory in the SFTP server.
Customer is responsible for preparing the file CSV file and place the target file to be uploaded into SF system.
Partner or SAP SF Support are responsible for preparing Job to process the CSV file.
SFTP account configured for the instance. In case you still do not have a SFTP account created for your instance, please contact SuccessFactors Support requesting it. It is recommended to have separated SFTP accounts for each environment.
Please refer to KBA 2174119 on How to request an SFTP account.
Note: We recommend to always use the SuccessFactors SFTP account in order to avoid any external issue.
Photo Files Specifications
- Maximum 2MB size
- JPEG format
- Recommended dimensions (pixels)
- Width: 180
- Height: 240
- Filename should not have spaces, example: FirstName_LastName.jpg
- There should be one file for each photo
CSV File Specifications
- Header and content:
- Two columns: "Username" followed by "Filename"
- Column "Filename" must match exactly the filename of the individual photo for the specific username, considering uppercase and lowercase letters.
- CSV File Name:
- Recommended to name as "instanceID_photos_yyMMdd.csv", where the "instanceID" is the company instance name, and the "yyMMdd" is the year, month, day that the file is loaded. The "yyMMdd" should match the same date the job will run.
- There is a limit of 5000 photo files that can be processed at once. If you have more than 5000 photos to upload, please make sure they are separated into different .csv files and different scheduled jobs.
- The CSV and JPG files must not be zipped.
Steps to Batch Upload of Employee Photos
- Create a directory in the SFTP server to upload all the files. (e.g. Photos)
- Upload the photos and the .csv file on the same directory in the SFTP server
- Contact SuccessFactors Support to configure and run the job in the back-end of instance and provide the below details:
- Company ID:
- File Path (directory uploaded all files):
- CSV File Name:
- SFTP Username:
- SFTP Password:
- Job Owner:
- File Encrypption:
- None or
- Recurring or
- Dependant of
- Additional recipients (e-mails that will receive run job details):
2088012 - Email message stating "File not found on FTP server", what does this mean? - SuccessFactors Employee Profile
SuccessFactors; Provisioning; SFTP; Batch upload employee photos; Profile Photo; Profile Picture; Mass upload employee photo; Batch Photos; Photo Upload , KBA , employee profile , sftp , employee photo , ftp , LOD-SF-EP-PHO , Photo Management , LOD-SF-EP , Employee Profile , How To