- You get the following ABAP dump when running transaction ST22:
Database error text: SQL message: [ASE Error SQL30012:08001][SAP][ASE ODBC |
| Driver]Client unable to establish a connection |
| Return value of the database layer: "SQL dbsl rc: 99"
- In the SAP ASE errorlog, you got these errors related to the number of user connections:
Error: 1601, Severity: 17, State: 3
There are not enough 'user connections' available to start a new process. Retry when there are fewer active users, or ask your System Administrator to reconfigure ASE with more user connections.
- From the SAP Netweaver, no connection is working to the SAP ASE: you have already checked and increased the number of user connections, but the dumps and errors persist.
- Checking further the SAP ASE errorlog, you can see that the license used is DEVELOPMENT, as follow limiting the numer of user connections/engines and other configurations.
The Adaptive Server Enterprise Developer Edition does not allow you to set this parameter to a value higher than 25.
The value of 'number of user connections' has been modified from '240' to the default value '25' since the original value is illegal. The legal values are between '5' and '25'.
Illegal value '1' specified for configuration option 'max online engines'. The legal values are between '9' and '140733193388033'.
max online engines' has been modified from '1' to '9' by the verification routine.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 and 16.0 for Business Suite
- Windows server
SQL30012, 30012, "NT operating system error 10038" , KBA , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.