You are going to migrate price list by using the migration tool, but system gives an application error.
SAP Business ByDesign.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Overview view.
- Search for activity Migration of Price Lists.
- Open it and open the migration tool.
- Select the migration file and click Execute Migration Step by Step.
- In the Simulation step, you get error: Application Error or Service Call Failed error.
You are not able to migrate the price list into system.
It was caused by memory error in backend when uploading huge price list via the migration workbench.
Workaround is to use the Excel Add-in to upload the price lists.
Solution: 3 Step Process
- Download and install of ByD excel Add-in and install
- Download price list template and fill the data and upload Template
- Upload Data via excel.
- Download and install of ByD excel Add-in
- Go to Application and User Management work center-> Download Center -> SAP Add-in for Microsoft Excel
- Steps to download price list upload Template
- Go to Product and Service Portfolio work center -> Pricing view -> Select Price List in pricelist dropdown -> click Download button to get the price list template.
- Steps to Upload Data via excel.
- Click on login option and enter the following details in the popup.
Change URL details: https:// Customer system URL -> Enter Login with user credentials -> Enter Data and click on Save Data to option.
Note: If the size of the price list is huge around more than 10,000 items then, please do the delta upload of price list (10,000 items into price list at once). Please check changes in Price List UI.
Related case documents:
2121972 - Dump While Filtering the Number of Items in the Price List
KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To