You cannot add the contract item in a service order.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Service Orders work center.
- Select the Service Order Processing view.
- Open service order XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the service order).
- Navigate to the Service and Spare Parts tab.
- Select line item XX (XX represents the number of the line item).
- The field Contract Item is disabled and you are therefore not able to enter the contract ID and line item number to which you want to assign the line item.
The line item XX has been released to the service execution.
Once you have released an item to execution either via th Release Execution button or the Submit -> Release to Service Execution button the field Contract Item will be read only.
The reason for this restriction is the following:
Once Release Execution is performed in a service order, the item info has already been passed to the service confirmation/invoicing and therefore it is not possible to add a reference contract to service order as this will disrupt the complete process.
This is the expected system behaviour.
KBA , AP-PRO , Project Processing , How To