You get the errorr message:
Account determination is missing for position type Exchange Rate Differences from Purchasing
in the message log after performing the GR/IR Clearing.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Inventory Valuation work center
- Navigate to GR/IR Clearing view
- Find the concerned Run ID and click it
- Mark the concerned GR/IR run in List of Logs view and click View
- Go to tab Processed with Errors tab
In the section Details under messages you see the mentioned error message.
The error is raised since g/l-accounts are not maintained for exchange rate differencesr. You must maintain suitable g/l-accounts accunting for such differences in the Business Configuration / Fine Tuning.
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Select Overview view.
- Select the activity Charts of Accounts, Financial Reporting Structures, Account Determination and click Change Immidiately.
- Under Account Determination select Inventories.
- Now go to the tab Differences.
- Maintain designated g/l-accounts here.
Once you maintain the accounts please re-run the Goods Receipt and Invoice Receipt Clearing run (GR/IR Clearing).
KBA , SRD-FIN-INV , Inventory , How To