How to customize emails notification from SAP Jam & what is the difference between 'email background style' and 'page background style'?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP Jam Collaboration
SAP Jam allows you to alter the style of e-mail notifications sent from your SAP Jam instance to SAP Jam users. You can also set separate e-mail templates for internal and external recipients. Please follow the below steps to customize e-mail notifications:
- As Company Admin in SAP Jam, navigate to Admin > Branding > Email Templates;
- Select the checkbox 'Enable custom e-mail template'.
A panel is displayed with a tab for each type of user and in the tab will be shown an image of the e-mail sections layout with the edition area on the right, as in the image below:
- You will be able to edit the Background & Page Design, the Page Header, the Page Footer and the Footer, but the main Content Area of the emails is not customizable.
Below there is an e-mail example highlighting where each section begins and ends for a notification of best answer marked:
- To edit a section click "(Edit)" link on the right of the section name and the edition area on the right will change to the edition of that section.
On the first image you saw the edition area for "Background & Page Design" (it opens with this area), but when you click "(Edit)" for any of the text section the edition area will be as the example from the image below. You must provide both HTML and plain text messages, in case you want to have the information displayed on both e-mail clients that support and do not support HTML (the main clients support HTML, like Outlook):
- On the "External" tab you can customize a specific design for External user, by default the checkbox "Same settings used for Internal e-mail Template" is checked if you want to have a different template for external user uncheck it and customize e-mail template as explained for internal users in the previous steps;
- Once completed, click 'Update' to save the changes;
- You can preview the changes before publishing by clicking on 'Preview' and send a test e-mail;
- When you are ready to use this template, click 'Publish'.
What is the difference between 'email background style' and 'page background style?
- Email background style effects the entire email.
- Page background style effects the text section and footer section.
In the below examples 'background-color:#FFFF00' (yellow) was entered in each area to provide an example of what areas are effected:
Email background style:
Page background style:
Email Notification, E-Mail Notification, JAM, emails, email template, emails template, customize, email, e-mail, template, notification, header, image , KBA , LOD-SF-JAM-ADM , Administrator Access Request , LOD-SF-JAM , SAP Jam , How To