You are not able to deactivate Low Value Fixed Asset (LVA).
Disclaimer: "Images/data in this KBA are from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental".
Reproducing the Issue
- Goto the Fixed Assets work center.
- Navigate to the Fixed Asset view.
- Show all Fixed Assets, find XXX and click Go.
- Press Manual Posting - Complete Scrapping
- Click on button Simulate.
You get an error message: An error occured during depreciation calculation for asset XXX. LowValueAsset YYY val.view - Deativation Not Possible; NBV >0
(XXX represents the Asset ID and YYY represents the name of the view path)
From a legal perspective - a divestiture of an LVA in Germany must not have any effect on the depreciation of that LVA.
There is no retirement posting in the valuation view of the Fixed Asset which is an LVA. Such assets are not deactivated as well.
In the here applied scenario - this asset should not be classified as LVA.
- Goto the work center Fixed Assets, view Fixed Assets.
- Show all Fixed Assets, find XXX and press Start.
- Press Edit - Master Data.
- Change to tab Life Cycle Data.
- Deactivate the checkbox Low-Value Asset on the right.
- Press Save.
Now you have to cancel the Supplier Invoice and repost it. If you have done it via a manual Journal Entry Voucher cancel the Journal Entry Voucher and repost it. Then you can deactivate the Fixed Asset - in case this has not been effected already automatically.
KBA , SRD-FIN-FA , Fixed Assets , How To