While previewing the purchase order ABC the phone number or fax or email or website is not being displayed for the ship-to party XYZ
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Purchase Requests and Orders work center.
- Go to the Purchase Orders view.
- Select purchase order ABC (ABC is the identification of the purchase order).
- Click the Edit button.
- Click the Preview button.
In the ship-to section
- Go to the Organizational Management work center
- Go to the Org Structures view
- Click the Find button
- Select unit XYZ (XYZ is the identification of the organization unit).
- Go to the General tab
The telephone number is maintained.
The ship-to party from the purchase order picks up the data from the corresponding location. The location gets created after creating the organization unit to it. In this case it was the organization unit XYZ.
Once the location has been created there is no update activity between the organization unit and the location.
If any new field is updated in the organization unit at a later date, it will not update the location as they are two different entities.
Hence it is very important to make sure that the organization unit has the correct address details and all data at the time of organization unit creation.
The system is working as designed
telephone, email address, , KBA , AP-PRP , Purchase Request Processing , AP-POP-PO , Purchase Order , AP-SIP-SIV , Supplier Invoice , How To