- How to enable Manage Groups in Option Menu?
- Where can we use Groups in the product suite?
- How to create groups of users to use across the system?
- Is it possible to create global target populations in SuccessFactors?
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- Previously, when Group function is turned on, all employees could access the Group function. Now, only the employees granted the permission can access the Group function for more secure access;
- Customers can use Role-based Permission to control the access of Groups via the Options menu in the Home drop down menu.
- Role-based Permission and Dynamic Groups V2 needs to be enabled in Provisioning (instance's back end);
- Manage My Groups permission must be granted in RBP.
3. Steps to enable “Manage Groups in Options menu”
- Engage your implementation partner to request the needed enablements in the backend;
- If you don't have a partner, you can raise a Support Case within the component LOD-SF-PLT-MYG.
- Once the above features are enabled in Provisioning, navigate to Manage Permission Roles in Admin Center;
- Select the Role you want to grant the permission to, and hit the "Permission" button;
- Navigate to the General User Permission section;
- Enable Manage My Groups;
- Click Done and then click on Save Changes.
4. Accessing the My Groups feature
The feature can be accessed by clicking on your user label > Settings > Groups.
You can create static and dynamic groups(criteria-based) either manually or by importing a .csv list of users.
Please refer to the KBA 2088248 for a full overview on the feature functionality.
5. Where can we use Groups in the product suite?
The My Groups is a feature that allow users to create their own people based group definitions which can be used in several locations in the application, like reporting, custom tiles or administrative tasks.
Also, groups appears in Matrix Grid Reports, Dashboards Filter Options, List View Filter Options, Spreadsheet Report Filter Options.
Please note that groups created within the My Groups feature are separate from the Role Based Permission groups, and its functionalities are managed separately in the Admin Center.
RBP; Option Menu; Groups, Manage Groups, Manage Groups, Import static groups, Create new group, my groups, criteria groups, target population. , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT , Platform Foundational Capabilities , LOD-SF-PLT-RBP , Role Based Permissions , How To