- The executeBatch is running inefficiently on ASE 15.7
- When using jConnect 7.07 against ASE 15.0.3 (ESD 4.3 in this case) and compare to ASE 15.7, there is difference in the batching.
- On ASE 15.0.3, batching 981 inserts on CallableStatement, sends 2025 parameter sets (batch has 2025 calls) and repeats this until all 981 are complete. ASE 15.0 limits number of parameters in statement, including batch, to 2048. (in this case, 2048/25 = 81.92, 81 * 25 = 2025)
- On ASE 15.7, increases paramaeter limit to 32K - the batch is sent as one huge statement, 981 executions in all and 981 * 25 parameters.
- This is causing I/O issue with ASE reading statement and sending DONEINPROCs back, resulting in up to 75% performance degradation.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 SP132 Solaris/linux
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.0.3, 15.5, 16.0
- SAP Sybase Software Developers Kit (SDK) SP133 - jConnect 7.07
- SAP Sybase Software Developers Kit (SDK) 16.0
- java 1.6/1.7
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 15.7 ; SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 16.0 ; SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise SDK 16.0 ; Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise 15.0 ; Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise 15.5 ; Sybase Software Developer Kit 15.7
MAXPARAMCNT, mdinfo, spt_mda , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-SYB-SDK , SDK , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.