You have cancelled a third-party sales order. However, you see that the corresponding customer demand has the cancellation status as Cancellation Requested. You expect the cancellation status to be Cancelled.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Outbound Logistics work center.
- Navigate to Customer Demand view.
- Search for the sales order which you have cancelled.
You see that the cancellation status of customer demand document is Cancellation Requested.
When a third-party sales order document is released, system will create a thrid party purchase order document as well. You have created a PO Acknowledgement against this third-party purchase order which has quantity deviations. These quantity deviations have not yet been accepted by you. Once these deviations are accepeted the cancellation status of your customer demand will be updated to Cancelled.
- Go to Purchase Requests and Orders work center.
- Navigate to Purchase Orders view.
- Search the relevant third-party purchase order, select it and choose the Edit button.
- In Edit screen of the purchase order, select the link Check Deviating Purchase Order Acknowledgment which is visible on the top left hand side of the screen.
- Choose Yes or No on the dialogue box that is displayed as per your business requirement.
- In PO acknowledgement screen choose the button Accept Deviation.
- The purchase order will be cancelled and also the cancellation status of customer demand document will be updated to Cancelled.
Please note that the purchase order will be cancelled automatically only of the Supplier Status in PO Acknowledgement document is Rejected. If the Supplier Status is Accepted, you will have to explicitly cancel the purchase order document from your end. This will inturn update the cancellation status of the customer demand.
KBA , AP-CR-CR , Customer Requirement , How To