- Select [ i.e. *SELECT() ] script logic command retrieves all members of a dimension without considering the current user's Data Access Profiles (DAP).
- Security is checked and applied when the script logic is writing back to the BPC database.
- This leads to the following problems:
- Performance impact as the logic script runs for more data than necessary. Performance would be improved if the select statement would take the DAP into account.
Users get a 'warning' status instead of a 'succeeded' status when running a Data Manager package because the system tries to write data for member the users have no access to. The 'warming' status is confusing for users.
- SAP Business Planning and Consolidation, version for SAP NetWeaver (BPC NW)
- SAP Business Planning and Consolidation, version for Microsoft (BPC MS)
DM, DM Package, MAP, Member access profile , KBA , best practices , EPM-BPC-NW-DM , Data Manager , EPM-BPC-MS-DM , Package , Product Enhancement
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.