When you enter a value in the Barcode field while confirming the Pick Task, system displays below error message:
Logistics area reporting not permitted
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Outbound Logistics Work center.
- Go to Task Control View.
- Select All Warehouse Tasks by Selection in the field Show using drop down.
- Choose Go.
- Find the relevant Task ID and choose Confirm.
- Now select the Line Item ID.
- Under the Line items tab choose the sub-tab Bar code Input.
- Input the Barcode ID in the field Bar Code and choose the button Propose Quantities /Propose Logistics Unit.
- System displays error message: Logistics area reporting not permitted.
This is because you are trying to scan the Source Logistics Area here through Barcode which is not possible. Currently the Barcode Scan for logistics area is possible only for the Target logistics area.
This is relevant for One Step Outbound process and hence the target logistics area is always Read-Only.
System is working as designed.
KBA , AP-LEC , Logistics Execution Control , How To