- Is there a way to enable / disable non-case-sensitive Usernames in SucessFactors?
- We would like to make the Usernames in SuccessFactors non case senstive.
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
Is there a way to enable / disable non-case-sensitive Usernames in SucessFactors?
Yes, it is possible to enable non-case-sensitive username in SuccessFactors but there are strict restrictions and prerequisite that need to be met.
- Single Sign-On must be configured and enabled in the instance - if Single Sign-On is not configured and enabled this feature cannot be used.
- No duplicate usernames can exist in the instance - if there are duplicate usernames in the system an error message might appear upon attempting to enable the feature.
How do I enable the feature to allow non-case sensitive usernames?
The feature can only be configured via Provisioning. Please reach out to your Implementation Partner or SAP Cloud Product Support team to enable the feature.
- Login to Provisioning.
- Single Sign-On (SSO) Settings > Check that token based login is enabled.
- Company Settings
- "Enable Non-Case-Sensitive Username"
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you turn off SSO temporarily, the feature will turn off also. When you turn on SSO again, you will also have to manually re-enable this feature. It will not re-enable automatically.
How do I check if I can use the feature in my instance?
Your System Adminstrator will be able to confirm if you have met the initial prerequisite of having Single Sign-On enabled in the instance.
System Admins can use the Check Tool (User Management > User Information) to check duplicate Non-Case-Sensitive Usernames in your system and can also download the list. You must eliminate all the duplicate Non-Case-Sensitive Usernames before you request to enable the Non-Case-Sensitive Username feature from Provisioning.
More details on how to delete duplicate records, please refer to KBA 2087501 - Data Imports & Exports: Change UserID for an existing employee. How to correct a user with two records.
NOTE: If you are unable to find any duplicate records in your instance, please open a case with SAP Cloud Support Team (LOD-SF-PLT) and ask to check the database to see if any purged records exist with a duplicate username. Users purged via the DRM tool can impact this feature being enabled.
2472648 Check Tool: How to check your SuccessFactors configuration
Username case sensitive, Non Case Sensitive, Duplicate username, PLA-5734 , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT , Platform Foundational Capabilities , LOD-SF-PLT-MNG , Manage user Issues , How To