Users in SAP Jam do not have same profile photo as their BizX Employee Profile's photo.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP Jam Collaboration
- Go to Jam Admin page.
- Click on Product Setup in the left Nav
- Click On the 'Features' option in the left Nav.
- Make sure the feature "Allow Users to Upload a Custom Profile Photo" is disabled and feature "Show Profile Images" is enabled.
- After you make this change, please wait for approximately 24 hours for the changes to reflect (only for the initial setup)
- Please take into consideration that the daily profile sync is not related to the profile photo sync; that is, the expectation that the photo is synced within 24h is not correct. When a profile photo is set for a Jam account, it is cached for 2 weeks. After that time, the photo will be requested and should sync. One way to force the profile image in Jam to be refreshed is to update the user's profile photo in Employee Central.
The BizX/EC profile photos will be retrieved if there is no existing cache in Jam. The cache is created when one views the user's profile photo (could be anyone, including the user themself). If someone viewed the Jam version of the profile image, it caches that image (for 2 weeks). Then if someone enables photo sync, the photo sync won't happen yet since Jam has the cached copy. If there is no other action, the photo will be used up to 2 weeks. If the user goes to EC and changes their profile photo, the real time update will be pushed to Jam, and it will update the cached copy on the Jam side.
Apart from the above, the Jam user should also have the 'Photo' permission under RBP -> Employee Data. The photo sync is known to not work when a user does not have that permission.
2214392 - Users in SAP JAM to have same profile photo as their BizX Employee Profile's photo
SAP Jam, Employee Profile, BizX Photo, Jam Profile Photo , KBA , sap jam , profile photo , LOD-SF-JAM , SAP Jam , LOD-SF-JAM-INT , Integration with SF BizX , How To