Date and Time values in Reports do not match with the Actual values in Application Data.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Analytics Work Center.
- Go to Design Data Sources View.
- Search for the Data Source, for example Ticket Time Points & Contact Party.
- Click on Preview.
- Check the fields like closing date, completion date etc. These fields will show UTC Time Zone values.
- Check the same fields like closing date(local), completion date(local) etc with the suffix (local).These fields will show Local Time Zone values.
- In the application data the time values will be displayed based on regional time zone settings made by the user.
In the backend we always store the date / time zone content in the UTC format.
The reports pick up data from the backend, so the date and time fields will prefeberaly shows in UTC format.
It is the standard behaviour of the report.
The conversion of date time fields to local time zone as per personalized settings by the user can be visible, provided that report in question, offers the additional data and time field locally converted. It can be found by adding the field which contains Local name, between brackets.
Example: From 1508, a number of date-time fields have been enabled as local date-time fields in the data source Ticket Time Points & Contact Party.
Refer to the below case document to know how to raise new requirement request.
Local Time zone; Reports; UTC Time zone; Date and Time , KBA , created on utc , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , Product Enhancement