- Running Client-Library code sending a DELETE statement via dynamic SQL and it should exit the code via user defined macro to exit when a CTLIB call returns CS_FAIL.
- With Language statement, "DELETE from table where col = value" will purposely cause ASE to throw errors:
Server error 547: Dependent foreign key constraint violation in a referential integrity constraint. dbname = 'tempdb', table name = 'tempdb..taba', constraint name = 'fk_taba_aid'.
Server error 3621: Command has been aborted.
- With Dynamic SQL the errors are thrown, and the ct_results call should return CS_FAIL when processing the results when it reachs the portion of results with the errors, but it returns CS_SUCCEED instead, even though the result_type argument is set to CS_CMD_FAIL.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 and 16.0
- SAP Software Development Kit (SDK) 15.7 and 16.0
ct-lib, CR789322, CR#789322, 789322, streamlined, statement, cache , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-SYB-SDK , SDK , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.