- Columns have been re-arranged in the query designer but while exporting the report, the Report Designer is not holding the columns in same order, in excel.
- Column/field order between query editor and report in Advanced Reporting is different and completely random.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
- Report Center: Report - Canvas > Live Data
- Online Report Designer: Live Data
Reproducing the Issue
- Open a query through Detailed reporting or by editing a Report-Canvas or Report Designer.
- Re-arrange the columns' order and save the query.
3. Run the report through Report designer or Report Center
4. The columns might not appear in the re-arranged order.
The arrangement of columns can be controlled from the Query editor only at the time the report is created.
Once the report has created an saved, any further edits to the arrangement of columns can be controlled only through the formatting editor. (Shown below)
- In Order to get the column order re-arranged in Output excel file you need to change the column order through “Edit Formatting” and not “Edit Query”
- Click “Edit Formatting” either by right clicking the Component (for example, List Report) or clicking “Edit Formatting” from the left pane.
- Change the column order in the Component and save
4. Now, run the report and the re-arranged column will stick to the output excel.
If you feel the behaviour could be improved, we request you to submit an enhancement request for the same.
2090228 - How to submit enhancement requests for SAP SuccessFactors products
This will allow other customers to vote up and thereby express their interest on the same.
Our Product management teams review enhancement requests regularly and implement them if and when feasible.
[Enter your See Also here...]
Online, Report, Designer, column, arrangement, Re-arrange, columns, order, re-align, ORD, export, excel, incorrect, Report, Designer, Detailed, Reporting, Advanced, Edit, component, query, Report-Canvas, report - canvas, field, header , KBA , rpt_pm_feedback , LOD-SF-ANA-ORD , Online Report Designer , Problem