When accessing Employee Profile/People Profile, an application error occurs:
“An application error occurred. Please try again later, or copy the below error information and send it to your support group if the issue keeps occurring.”
After dismissing the error dialogs, you may notice that the ratings in the “Overview” and “Performance History” portlets are displaying as 0 (zero) and the “Objective Ratings”, “Competencies Portlet” and “Competency Behavior Breakdown Portlet” portlets keep on loading:
Note (i): If you only have the “Overview” and “Performance History” portlets, the application error may not appear, but the ratings will display as 0 (zero). The resolution also applies if this is the case.
Note (ii): This error also happens with the People Profile. If you are experiencing this with the People Profile, the cause and resolution also apply.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Profile
It is likely that this error is being caused because no rating scale is defined for your Scorecard process. To solve the issue, you will need to define a rating scale for the Scorecard process.
First, you should verify what process your Scorecard is using. You can verify this by following below steps:
- o to Admin Tools > Configure Employee Files;
- Verify the “Process” selected under “Rating Sources for Scorecards”:
- Using People Profile:
- Go to Admin Tools > Configure People Profile;
- Click "General Settings";
- Under "Talent Data Settings", verify the process selected in the "Include talent data from this process" dropdown:
Depending on the process you are using, two scenarios may apply:
Scenario 1 – “All data sources” is selected for process
If “All data sources” is selected as the Scorecard process, you will need to follow the below steps to resolve the issue:
- Go to Admin Tools > Reporting > Dashboard Rating Scales.
- Select a “Rating Scale for Dashboard” from the dropdown list and wait for the rating scale data to be fetched. Rating scale data will appear under “Bell Curve Distributions Requirement”.
Scenario 2 – Other option is selected for the process
If any other option is selected as the Scorecard process, you will need to follow the below steps to resolve the issue:
- Go to Admin Tools > Reporting > Processes and Forms > click the process that is being used.
- Expand the “Rating Scale Settings” section > select a “Rating Scale for Dashboard” from the dropdown list and wait for the rating scale data to be fetched. Rating scale data will appear under “Bell Curve Distributions Requirement”.
Scenario 3 – “All data sources” is selected for process with "Normalized Rating (Rounded) - Labels only"
- Go to Admin Center > Configure People Profile;
- General settings, confirm which process is configured;
- To use "Normalized Rating (Rounded) - Labels only", you need to choose a process, instead of selecting all data sources (PMU-8870);
- Save the changes.
After following these steps, you should be able to access your Employee Profile/Scorecard without receiving the error.
An application error occurred, Employee Profile Scorecard, Rating portlets Objective Competencies Competency Behavior Breakdown Performance History Overview, fingerprint=e201f1e3d794763e75a175a45e0e7aa102753476, e201f1e3d794763e75a175a45e0e7aa102753476, getMinMaxScale, getObjectiveRatingDataForPP3, fingerprint=3f04cb95faf34b23eb1b9281344eebdd71488069 , KBA , LOD-SF-EP-PORT , Performance/ Potential Block (Portlet) , LOD-SF-EP , Employee Profile , Problem