Date field doesn't have Free Text selector in Filter in Ad hoc reports like other ones.
e.g. cannot enter free-text input from the filter selector when filtering on Last Status Change Date, Form Completed On Date, Approved Date
- SAP SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics
- Ad hoc reporting
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Reporting/Analytics
- Reports -> Ad hoc reports
- Create report -> Select any domain -> Select the date fields in Column tab
- In Configuration tab you can see 'Original Data type' of each field.
- Go to Filter tab and try to put filter on one of the date field which has 'TIMESTAMP' data type.
- You will get the option to select the dates only from dropdown and there will not be any free text selector.
- On the 'Date Type' fields there will be the option.
As per design, free text selectors are available only for those fields which have DATE or VARCHAR as date type. A TIMESTAMP field is not designed to have a free text selector in filter.
There is a workaround of those Date fields which have TIMESTAMP Data type:
- When setting up the Filter, please enable the "User-Prompted" checkbox. During runtime, this will let the user enter a free text for the date field.
- Run the report and in the parameters under Actions, select Free-Text. Enter a specific date
TIMESTAMP - AD hoc - Adhoc - Date field - Filter - Free TEXT - Approved date - Date Of Birth - Date Of Availability - Date Created - End date if temporary , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-ADH , Adhoc Reports & Report Builder , Problem