You receive an error "maximum number of rows per partition reached for table" when adding data to a table.
An error similar to the below can also be found in the indexserver trace file:
- UdivMethods.cpp(00134) : Maximum number of rows per partition reached for '<TABLE_NAME>'. Please try merge + optimize compression before adding new rows. Delta-Part=1
- trex_update.cc(02225) : TrexUpdate failed on table '<TABLE_NAME>' with error: Maximum number of rows per partition reached, rc=17
A similar error can be seen in the indexserver trace file when partitioning a table:
- partitioning Split.cpp(02409) : Number of rows: xxx for target partition: '<SCHEMA>.<TABLE_NAME>' could exceed physical limit of ...
In SAP systems like S/4HANA you can also find error messages like the following:
- SQL code: 2055, SQL text: maximum number of rows per table or partition reached: <SCHEMA>.<TABLE_NAME>
- ***LOG BY4=> sql error 2055 performing INS on table <TABLE NAME>
- ***LOG BY0=> maximum number of rows per table or partition reached: ' <SCHEMA>.<TABLE_NAME>'
- SQLERRTEXT : maximum number of rows per table or partition reached: ' <SCHEMA>.<TABLE_NAME>'
SAP HANA, platform edition
sql error 2055 max rows per partition , KBA , HAN-DB-ENG , SAP HANA DB Engines , HAN-DB-PER , SAP HANA Database Persistence , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.