You cannot add the Reference Contract Item in a Service Request if a Service Order was created as a follow-up document of the Service Request.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Service Desk work ccenter.
- Select the Service Requests view.
- Open service request XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the service request).
- Go to the General tab and the Main Information sub tab.
- You can see that the Reference Contract Item cannot be edited. The field is not enabled.
- Go to the Document Flow tab.
- You can see that the follow-up service order ABC (ABC represents the ID of the service order).
With release 1508 a new functionality was introduced in the service order that you can now add a reference contract Item on line item level. With this new functionality we also changed the system behaviour in regards to adding the reference contract Item in a service request. Now, once a service order has been created as a follow-up document the field Reference Contract Item in the corresponding service request becomes disabled and no value can be selected (independent of the status of the service order).
The reason for this is the following:
If a service order is created from a service request which has a contract reference assigned to this then this contract reference will be carry forwarded to service order. Now, if a user changes the contract reference at service request level, this will be a conflicting situation and could lead to data inconsistencies. Therefore, this was restricted in the service request level so that the user will not be able to change the reference contract in the service request if a service order has already been created as a follow up document to this service request.
However, you can now instead maintain the reference contract item on item level of the created service order.
This is the expected system behaviour.
KBA , AP-SRP , Service Request Processing , How To