- Is it possible to add a custom field apart from username to authenticate the SAML SSO?
- Is it possibel to user a different field than username to authenticate the SAML SSO?
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
This is possible by using custom columns in User Data File (UDF). Please find below the steps to enable this.
- As a first step, identify the column (email id, USERID, custom field) that you would like to send as part of the Assertion;
- Identify the custom column which will be used to update the related info (CUSTOM01 to CUSTOM15);
- Update the identified custom column with the unique value for each employee. This action is very important, because if two users have the same value in this column they will be unable to login;
- Add the custom column header name in the SSO Configurations Page. The field name to be updated with cusotm column name is "SAML User Column";
- This will overwrite the default Username field Authentication and System will look for the column mentioned and starts authenticating the value for the corresponding user authentication;
We don't recommend this customization since we are not able to see in our logs if this custom field is unique to each user.
SSO SAML 2.0, custom field, attribute, additional attribute , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-SSO , Single Sign-on , How To