How to configure application tracing on ASE for a single SPID. Examples of reasons tracing could be needed:
- There is a suspicion an application or some application module is the source of problems (such as bad performance or data loss) on ASE. For example:
- Once the application or some app module begins to access the ASE, the response of the ASE server becomes slow, other applications are seriously affected.
- The application or app module will run a series of SQL commands, after that, some data are lost or changed unexpectedly.
- It is unknown what exact SQL command causes the problem.
- Ability to trace the specific application connection to collect diagnostic information without having to enable parameters at the server-level.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.0
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
Sybase, ASEServer, SAPASE, tracefile, sp_helpapptrace, show_sqltext , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.