Data Insertion automatically happens when the source data of a column chart is changed in SAP Dashboards 4.0 / 4.1
- SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards 4.0 / 4.1
Reproducing the Issue
- Launch SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards 4.1 to create a new Dashboards document.
- Add a column chart and set the data source to let it display data.
- In the Insertion tab, check on Enable Data Insertion and set as inserting the selected value into a cell (For example: A1).
- Add a label to link the cell A1.
- Add two push button. One is used for setting an empty value into the cell A1. The other one is used for copying another dataset into the cells which are the column chart source cells.
- Preview the Dashboards document.
- Click the column data of the column chart. Notice the clicked value is displayed into the label as the Data Insertion is working.
- Click the 1st push button, the label data is cleaned.
- Click the 2nd push button, notice that the label is displayed as the new data. This means the Data Insertion automatically happens after the source data of the column chart is changed.
This is the correct behavior in SAP Dashboards 4.1. In this version, the data insertion is expected happening both Data Change and the user's interaction.
A new function is planned to be introduced in the next version Dashboards 4.2 that allows user can choose the Insert On timing. With this new feature, user can make that the insertion only happens in the user's interaction.
The below screenshot is captured from an internal build version of Dashboards 4.2. It shows the new function Insert On. Using the 1st option Data Change and Interaction will get the same behavior as the current Dashboards 4.1 version. And using the 2nd option Interaction Only will make the Data Insertion only happens with the user's interaction.
xcelsius, swf, flash, adobe, excel, xls, office, flex, general , KBA , BI-RA-XL , BusinessObjects Dashboards and Presentation Design , Product Enhancement