Background jobs can not be scheduled at any time during the day. By default LMS allows to run background jobs during 0 to 5 hours of the day.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
Reproducing the Issue
- Login into LMS as Admin
- Schedule any background job. For example, User Needs Management Go to User-> Tools -> User Needs Management
- Select any option from the Add menus to assign Curriculum/Items/Competencies etc to Learners. For example, we are selecting Add item here. Click on next.
- Add more than 5 users and click on next step. (Provided LMS_ADMIN configuration file contains default configuration setting for onlineOperationMaxRecordsCount=5)
- Add items to be assigned to Learners
- You may edit item information in step 4. Click next
- In step 5, to run the job immediately select "Run Job Now" button. You will get Validation error on the page that the Job cannot be run immediately.
- Schedule the job as Background Job. If default settings are present, the system will not allow you to schedule Background job at any time during day.
In LMS_ADMIN configuration file, there are default configurations present for Background job schedule time slots which restricts LMS Admins to schedule job at any time during day. It only allows to schedule background job during 0 to 5 hours of the day.
- Login into LMS as Admin.
- Go to System Admin -> Configuration -> System Configuration -> LMS_ADMIN
- Click on Edit.
- Please take backup of the current configuration file.
- Search for "allowableBackgroundJobTimeframes[XXXX].startHour". Here "XXXX" is day of the week, you can replace it by Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, etc. Current configurations are set to allowableBackgroundJobTimeframes[Monday].startHour=0 Replace 0 by *. Please repeat this for all days of the week.
- Search for "allowableBackgroundJobTimeframes[Monday].endHour" .Here "XXXX" is day of the week, you can replace it by Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, etc. Current configurations are set to allowableBackgroundJobTimeframes[Monday].endHour=5 Replace 5 by *. Please repeat this for all days of the week.
- Click on Apply changes.
- After making these changes, all admins will be able to schedule any background process at any point of time on any day of the week.
Background Job, schedule, time slot, allowableBackgroundJobTimeframes,, LMS_aDMIN , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-BCJ , Assign (bulk), Add/ Delete Sub/ Cur, Revise, Import , How To