How to associate Documents to an Item or a Schedule Offering?
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
LMS has a feature using which you can associate the item/Schedule offering with one or more related documents so that users can access the documents in the user interface.
Step 1: Create a Document
- Navigate to Content > Documents > Add new
- Enter the Document ID and other details, the most important thing in the above form is the File Path of the document.
- You can specify a direct website link to a document.
- Example: Direct website link : https://www.iscp.ie/sites/default/files/pdf-sample.pdf
WARNING: Entitlement service will block the document from launching with error "Sorry. Your request has been denied". This is the expected behavior. And content in iContent folders cannot be accessed directly unless its coming as a content object through an Item and the Item is assigned to the user. This is in place as a security measure to prevent unauthorized access of customer courses. If you want to use documents in attachments you have to place them in a public server/Share point and provide the direct link in the attachment.
Step 2: Associate the documents to an Item
- Navigate to the Item/Schedule Offering to which you want to add the Items, click more in the related section as shown below
- In the opened pop-up select Documents
- Enter the Document ID which you created earlier (or an existing one) and Click “Add”, the document gets associated with the Item. You can add multiple documents from this section.
- How does this appear on the user side?
- When the Item or Schedule Offerings gets assigned to the user, the user has to click the Item (not the Start Course Button) which takes them to the Item details page.
- Click the number/attachment Icon, and the users can view and download the attachments as shown below.
- User can view the attachment in Schedule Offering level also(Note: The document will not inherit from Item level, We need to manually upload documents on SO level)
- Instructor can view the same documents under Instructor view:
Note: The instructor will only see the Document if it is linked to Schedule Offering. If a document is linked to an Item then the instructor will not be able to see the document under instructor portal.
learning, document, attachment, item, schedule, offering, so, associating, associate, attach, adding, content, add, new, doc, pdf, course , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-CNT , Content , LOD-SF-LMS , Learning Management System , LOD-SF-LMS-SCH , Scheduled Offerings , LOD-SF-LMS-ITE , Items , How To