Is it possible to update goals that have been cascaded to multiple employees?
Cascading a goal creates a new goal (the child goal) and links it to the source goal (the parent goal) at the same time. On this scenario, updating either the parent goal or the child goal will have no effect on the other one.
When you cascade a goal, each person’s goal will have its own ID. So, if you would like to update these goals, we recommend you to generate a report in order to gather the goal IDs of the cascaded goals and then use the ‘Beta Goal Import’ feature to update each of them via an import file.
To generate the Report:
1. Go to > Reports > Analytics and Select ‘Ad Hoc Reports’ at the left side of the page
2. Click on > Create New Report
3. On ‘Report Definition type’, choose ‘Goal Management’ and click on ‘Create’
4. Select the desired people, Template, etc. and on the ‘Columns’ option, please be sure to select ‘Goal ID’
To Import the Goals:
1. Go to > Admin Tools > Goal Management and open the option ‘Beta Goal Import’
2. Select the desired Goal Plan and click on ‘Generate CSV Header’
3. A file will be generated:
• On ^TYPE, type OBJECTIVE
• On ACTION, type UPDATE
• Fill out the ‘ID’ field with the IDs gathered on the Report
• Find the field(s) you would like to update and fill with the new content
4. Save this file
5. On Beta Goal Import, click on ‘Browse’ to upload the file
6. After selecting, click on ‘Import’
KBA , LOD-SF-PM , Performance Management , LOD-SF-PM-GM , Goals in PM Form , How To