- The Workflow Rules Derivation XML is configured to trigger a workflow when a change is made with a compInfo Event-Reason, for example: equal id="compInfo.event-reason" value="DTACHG" compareToNew="true"
- The Workflow foundation object is configured to route the workflow based on the Event-Reason selected
- When making a Compensation Information change, no workflow is being triggered and the changes are committed immediately
SuccessFactors Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to an employee's Job Information page
- Select Take Action > Change Job and Compensation Information
- Make any change to the employee's compensation information
- Select an Event and Event-Reason
- The changes are committed immediately and no workflow is triggered
- The Event-Reason used in defining Workflow approver routing is for Job Information Event-Reasons only.
- The system does not consider changes made with a Compensation Information Event-Reason.
- If no other criteria for routing is met the request will not generate a workflow
To generate a workflow and route Compensation Information changes to the correct approvers do the following:
- Identify a common Job Information field for each group of users needing to be routed to a particular approver
- Configure the Workflow definition to route the workflow when a change is made on the users with the common Job Information field
If a workflow needs to be generated for employees in the USA when compensation information is updated with Event-Reason DTACHG.
Then the workflow foundation object for DTACHG will be updated to route to an approver based on the associated Legal Entity for USA.
KBA , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , Problem