You are going to creat a new IT contact assignement, but every time, the request is rejected by system.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Service Control Center.
- Go to the Contact Details view.
- Click Create Contact Assignment button to open the creation window.
- Select Contact Type as IT Contact, select one user in the Assign to Contact field. The user name copied into the following contact details. In this case, the user name is in Chinese.
- Click Send Chagnes and Close.
- Aftter a while, you will see the request gets rejected. You are not able to create new IT contact.
The reason why the creation failed is that in the two fields First Name - international and Last Name - international only Latin characters are allowed.
Therefore a check in our SAP CRM system failed, but is unfortunately not forwarded to the UI.
You have to maintain the First Name - international and Last Name - international in Latin characters.
KBA , SRD-CC-CI-CCS , Service Control Center , How To