A custom report is created from the SuccessFactors UI > Analytics > Reporting > Adhoc
This report is not available in the list of entities in the SFAPI Data Dictionary for the API user.
- Any Adhoc Report created would be visible only to the Owner of that particular Adhoc Report.
- Any other user will not have access to this report.
- This is by design, since reports might have confidential information.
Since the Adhoc report is visible only to the owner of the report, it might not be available for the SFAPI user to query the ADHOC report nor will it be visible in the SFAPI Data Dictionary.
How to grant permission to the API user for the Adhoc Report
1. Login to your instance via the user who has created the Adhoc Report.
2. Navigate to Analytics > Reporting > Ad Hoc Reports
3. Click on the "Share" button.
4. Click on Advanced Search
5. Search for the API User here, in the "User Name" field.
6. Select the API user from the the Search Results and click on the "Share" button.
What would this do?
1. This report would now be visible for the SFAPI user (or any user with whom the report is shared) from the SuccessFactors UI > Analytics > Reporting > Ad Hoc Report
2. This report would be available as an entity for the SFAPI user (or any user with whom the report is shared) to query it using API.
SuccessFactors Analytics, Ad Hoc, ADHOC, Ad Hoc Report, SFAPI, API, SFAPI Data Dictionary, Dell Boomi , KBA , LOD-SF-INT , Integrations , Problem