SAP Lumira cannot connect to Central Management Server
Trace Logs show "java.net.SocketException: Unknown proxy type : HTTP"
- SAP Lumira
- SAP BusinessObjects Buiness Intelligence Platform
Reproducing the Issue
- Install SAP Lumira
- Configure HTTP type proxy
- Try to acquire data from a Universe on the SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform
SAP Lumira currently includes Java 7
Java 7 only works with SOCKS and DIRECT proxies
Best solution is to use a SOCKS or DIRECT proxy.
If the only option is HTTP proxy then SAP Lumira can be configured to use Java 8.
- Download and install Java 8 from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre8-downloads-2133155.html
- Point SAP Lumira to Java 8 by adding the following two lines to the very top of c:\program files\sap lumira\saplumira.ini:
- NOTE: The path depends on the exact version of Java 8 that you install
BIP BI proxies connections failure failed network settings , KBA , BI-LUM-DIS , Lumira Desktop/Discovery , Problem