Cannot get the correct snapshot data when previewing in Dashboards designer
- SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards 4.0 / 4.1 / 4.x
Reproducing the Issue
- Launch Dashboards designer and create a new dashboards document.
- Add a Combo Box and assign some value into it.
- In the Excel spreadsheet, for example, set a value to cell C1 and set C2 as a formula =C1
- In the properties of the Combo Box, set the Destination of Data Insertion as cell C2.
- A warning dialog appears as Insert in Selection should not contain cells that have formulas. Do you wish to continue?
- Click Yes to continue.
- Add a Label component to link to the cell C2.
- Click Preview to preview the dashboards document.
- Select some value from the combo box, find the value in Label is changed as C2 is updated.
- From menu, click File -> Snapshot -> Current Excel Data, save the snapshot to xls Excel file.
- Open the xls file and find C2 is still =C1 which is not the updated value.
This behavior is BY DESIGN.
All components that have data insertion is not allowed to set the destination to the cells which have formulas.
In this scenario, a warning dialog appears to mention the same thing. It means if this requirement is not met, some unexpected behavior would happen.
Change the Destination of Data Insertion of the Combo Box to another cell which has no formula.
xcelsius, new, old, flash, swf, function , KBA , BI-RA-XL , BusinessObjects Dashboards and Presentation Design , Problem